High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) strength training is the most effective way to achieve a well-defined body – here lies the importance of bodyweight training. It need not take hours and hours to improve toning; one just has to use your own body to target specific muscles. No longer is it required to travel to the gym or do heavy weight lifting as bodyweight training is seen to be the best method to tone up and gain strength.
All that is necessary is a thirty minute mix of cardio training and strength moves to burn more fat in general and prompt your metabolism to burn fat throughout the day. HIIT bodyweight training not only targets all your muscles, but gives a metabolism boosting increase in blood flow to the heart. Additionally, repetitions of moves in bodyweight training improves balance, for example, when performing one-leg deadlifts and burpees balance is definitely practiced and over time, improved upon. Every muscle in your body is somewhat worked as it tries to help you balance. Weight lifting can certainly increase strength and muscle mass, but will not provide the overall workout that bodyweight exercise does.
Burpees, diamond push-ups and cross planks though will unintentionally work the entirety of your body as opposed to a move like bicep curls, which will only effect your biceps. The secret is to perform an approximately 5 minute circuit several times – every muscle will truly feel it!
Here are some exercisers to try at home. Put the theory to practice!
- 1 1. High Knee Muscles Targeted: Quads, Glutes, Cardio
- 2 2. Side Raise Muscles Targeted: Obliques, Core, Shoulders
- 3 3.Cross Plank
- 4 Muscles Targeted: Biceps, Back, Shoulders, Core, Lower Abdomen
- 5 4. Single Leg Deadlift
- 6 Muscles Targeted: Glutes, Quads
- 7 5. Switch Backs
- 8 Targets: Quads, Glutes, Calves, Cardio
- 9 6. Tuck Jump
- 10 Muscles targeted: Glutes, Cardio
- 11 7. Vertical Crunch
- 12 Muscles targeted: Lower Abdomen, Core
- 13 8. Jump Back Push Up
- 14 Muscles targeted: Shoulder, Biceps, Triceps, Back, Shoulders, Core, Cardio
- 15 9. Pike Up
- 16 Targets: Shoulder, Triceps, Shoulders, Back, Lower Abdomen
- 17 10.Dragon Walk
- 18 Muscles targeted: Core, Biceps, Triceps, Back, Shoulders, Calves, Quads
1. High Knee
Muscles Targeted: Quads, Glutes, Cardio
2. Side Raise
Muscles Targeted: Obliques, Core, Shoulders
Muscles Targeted: Biceps, Back, Shoulders, Core, Lower Abdomen