10 Ways to Get the Most from your Short Workouts
It is a common misconception among novices to think that a lot of time and energy is required to reach a fitness goal. In fact, many people fail to start a fitness regime because they are convinced that they have no time. However, it is possible to lose weight, increase energy and build a stronger core by doing shorter workouts. Below are ten ways to help you reach your fitness goal in little time.
10 Ways to Get the Most from your Short Workouts:
- Choose intense workouts: In order to see real results in your short workout sessions it is important to choose more high-intensity cardio and strength training workouts. Your cardio sessions can include speed walking, running, jumping jacks, jumping rope and high-energy dancing. Your strength training can include a combination of pushups, lunges, pull-ups, bench presses, squats, and crunches.
- Repeat: While doing one 10-minute high-intensity workout session a day is good for your body, doing two or three 10-minute sessions a day is a whole lot better. Strive to repeat your short workout at least twice a day to see optimal results.
- Mix it up: Change your workout routines every few weeks so that your body stays challenged by the intense movements.
- Rest day: It is important to take a rest day in between your short intense workouts so that your body can repair, rebuild and strengthen. You can use your rest day to do one or two ten-minute low impact stretching workouts.
- Stay hydrated: Make it a habit to stay hydrated throughout the day and up your intake of water before, during and after your workouts. Dehydration can hinder performance and lead to ill health.
- Detox daily: Detoxing is one of the easiest ways to aid your overall fitness goal. Detoxing cleanses the body of toxic buildups such as impacted feces in the intestines and acidic build up in the blood and organs. Detoxing also increases circulation of the blood which in turn increases your energy levels and heightens performance. You can detox daily by drinking at least six glasses of warm lemon water, juicing, and by increasing your intake of fiber and probiotics.
- Increase protein and carbs: Increasing your intake of protein and carbs via protein shakes is highly beneficial for both short and long workout sessions. The amino acids can aid in performance while the protein and carbs stimulate muscle growth and repair. Make an effort to drink a few ounces of protein shake at least an hour before working out, and a few ounces after the workout is over. Choose an all-natural protein shake that is either whey, rice or soy based, you can include nuts, hemp seeds, dark chocolate, banana, chia seeds, flax and coconut oil to your shakes.
- Deter stress: Stress is your fitness goal worst enemy – ongoing stress can cause a dip in motivation that might make it harder for you to get the most out of your shorter workouts. Make an effort to manage your stress so that they do not interfere with your efforts and your overall well-being.
- Eat healthier: It makes no sense working out if you are going to eat unhealthy. Eating a diet that is full of processed foods, salt, sugar, and fats will make it almost impossible for you to reach your fitness goals because of the effort it takes to digest such un-foods. However, foods deep in nutrition such as fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts, grass-fed meats and living foods (sprouts, lacto-ferments, probiotics, enzymes) digest easily while supplying the body with the fuel it needs to burn calories, build muscle and provide nutrition.
- Sleep: The body uses sleep time to repair, replenish and recover from the day’s activities, therefore, it is important to get adequate amount of deep sleep to wake up feeling refreshed and renewed.
As you can see, you are no longer allowed to use the excuse of having no time to not exercise and reach your fitness goal. As long as you choose high-intensity workouts and follow the tips above, you will be on your way to healthy and fit in less time than you think.