Noise: 5 out of 5 stars
Power: 4 out of 5 stars
Easy Usage: 5 out of 5 stars
Clean-up: 5 out of 5 stars
Juice Output: 4 out of 5 stars
Juice Quality: 5 out of 5 stars
Total Score: 4.7 stars
Happily, Breville has created a masticating juicer that removes a common complaint- noise! Its the quietest juicer that we tested. That’s not its only astonishing feature, Breville has added their first and only masticating juicer (all of their other juicers are centrifugal). This is also their first perpendicular layout of a masticating juicer.
Unlike many juicers who stick to the flat design, they’ve determined on developing a more modern way of juicing (plus you save some much-needed real estate on the kitchen counter). This layout enables regular users to store the machine on counters without it having to take up an excessive amount of room. It’s simple to keep in cupboards as well. The main reason for this particular change in design would be to provide ease when removing or detaching the juicing jug and pulp collector from the machine for easy cleanup, hooray for efficiency!
Our Thorough Review – Breville BJS600XL Fountain Crush Masticating Slow Juicer
Are you a morning person who loves to juice? Are you tired of the loud noises juicers make, especially in the quiet atmosphere of early mornings, that are more or less noisy enough to wake up not only your family but your neighbors you barely even know because they live a block away from you as well? Well, worry no more.
Breville probably heard your cries of pleas and created a masticating slow juicer that is so quiet it’s hard to believe you already started juicing. The BJS600XL Fountain Crush Masticating Slow Juicer is the only vertically designed masticating juicer in the Breville line, as all of their juicers use a centrifugal function. They made their first masticating juicer vertically intended to introduce a more modern look to their product and of course, save you a whole lot of counter space you so desired. On top of the space, it can save you; the new Breville masticating juicer is also designed vertically to make it easy for you to remove the pulp collector and juicing jug from the juicer for easy and efficient cleaning.
How Quiet is this masticating Juicer?
The Breville BJS600XL boasts of its silent feature that is usually lacking in other juicers. It has a low droning sound as compared to other juicers. But what makes it “ultra-quiet?” Compared to other juicers that use centrifugal force that spin at a loud, ear shattering 5000 to 16, 000 rpm; BJS600XL model from Breville is like most slow juicers that only spin as slow as 80 rpm. This juicer is powered by 240-watt induction motor that is designed to be ultra-quiet.
Pros and Cons: Breville BJS600XL
1. Super quiet motor makes it perfect for morning juicing
2. It uses sturdy parts like Ultem Auger and Ultem Strainer
3. It can extract juices from fruits and vegetables at maximum capacity as compared to other juicers.
4. Its vertical design makes it a great space saver in your already crowded counter top.
5. It has great safety features
6. Up to 10-year warranty on the motor
7. Like all masticating juicer, the juice extracted here contains more enzymes, fibers, and nutrients. And since this is a slow juicer, the oxidation also happen slower compared to a centrifugal juicer. The juice output also has less froth.
8. Its plastic parts are BPA free.
1. It is not dishwasher safe, so you will have to clean its every nook and cranny by hand.
2. Only one-year warranty on parts except for the motor – parts which are more likely to break down easily after a year of use.
3. It can juice leafy vegetables, but it is going to be a struggle because of its vertical design. If you are into juicing these greens, you better stick to a horizontal auger juicer for a better result.
4. Breville BJS600XL is appallingly very similar to Omega VRT350. It would have been an improvement if Breville is cheaper by a lot than Omega but it’s their price difference is barely noticeable. However, Breville’s quality is also top-notched, so it’s up to the buyer whichever juicer they would prefer.
5. It has the tendency to get stuck often.
6. It has no strainer and no juice tap to prevent drips.
7. A bit too expensive compared to others.
Feedback from regular users:
The Breville BJS600XL received positive feedback from users. They just loved how the juice extracted by this machine has less froth and yield more juice as compared to a centrifugal juicer. Since Breville BJS600XL is a masticating slow juicer, the juice it produces has less oxidation compared to that that uses a centrifugal function.
There are those people who complained that it was difficult to clean up since it is not dishwasher safe while there are also some individuals who say that it is easy to clean. We believe that it is just a matter of getting used to the product that will make it a breeze to clean in the end. You just need to follow simple guidelines for making it easier to clean like cutting the produce into small chunks before putting it in the juicer; by doing this, you will avoid clogging up the machine which will make it difficult to clean. You should also wash it immediately after use to prevent remnants of fruits and veggies from hardening up. This product comes with a brush to help you do the cleanup job with ease.
There are a lot of concerns regarding the workload of using this juicer since there is a need to precut the produce before chunking them in the juicer for a better result.
The Breville BJS600XL Fountain Crush Masticating Slow Juicer is perfect for those who are in need of a top quality slow juicer that produces great results and with no budget restraints.
This model is the same as Omega VRT350, Hurom HU-100, and Kruvings regarding functionality and design for a lesser price.
What makes this product less attractive to us is the warranty it comes with. Its parts have only one year warranty, and they are the ones that can quickly break down after continuous use.
On the upside, it uses Ultem auger and strainer which makes it sturdier for everyday juicing. However, it has the propensity to quickly clog up especially if you are juicing hard ingredients like beet or carrot.
All in all, this is a top-notched product from Breville that can match its juicer counterparts regarding quality and function but at a lower price.
What’s Inside the Box of Breville BJS600XL? Parts and Features
1. 240-watt ultra-quiet induction motor spinning at 80 rpm. It has no heat transfer and uses active low-speed juice extraction.
2. Ultem Auger is eight times sturdier than its plastic counterparts found in other juicers. It can withstand the load of juicing even if you do it every day. However, stick to vegetables and fruits only as it can be damaged if you put anything hard like nuts or shells.
3. Ultem Screen which has an auto-purifying function in the filter basket since it is Ultem, it is also eight times stronger than others.
4. Pulp Holder
5. Juice Catcher
6. Juicing Bowl
7. Scrape wiper for the self-cleaning feature
8. Control Panel with the on/off switch. It includes forward and reverses button for easier juicing.
9. It incorporates a two-step safety Start System where you can’t use the juicer unless everything is locked in place.
10. Food hopper with lid
11. Wider Feed Chute compared to other vertical juicers
12. Overload Protection System included avoiding power surges. This feature will automatically cut off the power once it overloaded akin to a circuit breaker.
13. It includes a small brush for cleaning.
• Manufacturer: Breville
• Manufactured in South Korea
• Dimension: W8.6 x D7.4 x H16.3 inches
• Weight: 14 lbs.
• Voltage: 110/120 volts with 3-prong grounding plug
• Motor Power: 240 watts
• Juicer Type: Masticating, Single Auger
• Uses cold press technology
• Warranty: one year on parts, ten years on motor
• Amazon Price: $276.89 (free shipping with Amazon Prime)
Simple User Guideline:
1. Slice the vegetables or fruits into smaller pieces to avoid jamming the juicer. Note that it does not have to be very small. Just little chopping should be good.
2. Turn it off if the juicer stopped churning because the ingredients got stuck in the screw. Once the juicer has completely stopped, press the reverse button until the ingredients get dislodged.
3. Leave the machine alone while it is in the process of pressing the fruits or veggies inside. You do not need to add more pressure as the juicer is enough to do this.
4. Never add food in the juicer while it is off. Wait until the motor is running before adding fruits or veggies in the machine.
Quick Glance on its Safety Properties
1. It includes an anti-overload system that stops the juicer like a circuit-breaker.
2. The juicer will not start unless all its parts are safely locked into place.
3. It features a reverse direction button, so it will be easier to unclog stuck produce inside the juicer.
4. The feeding chute is deep enough to avoid your hands from reaching the juicing compartment by accident.
Tips on How to Use Breville BJS600XL Masticating Juicer Effectively
1. Pour two cups water in the feeding chute while the juicer is running to be able to clean the juice bowl between juices without the need to disassemble the whole thing.
2. This juicer is perfect for juicing a combination of soft and hard fruits and veggies, even leafy ones.
3. It might be difficult for it to juice pure leafy vegetables like wheat grass so if you are one of those types who are so into juicing, you better get a horizontal auger type rather than the vertical model.
4. Never use the juicer to make sorbets or churn nuts to make peanut butter because it does not include the proper attachment to make that happen.
5. It would be better to let the machine to its job rather than use a food pusher. You will have the tendency to be impatient if you keep prodding at the content of the juicer which can trigger the overload system to activate repeatedly.
The best way to enjoy the juice extracted from this juicer to drink it immediately. But for those who prefer to chill or store their juices for future use, here are some quick tips maintaining the quality of the juice for a longer period:
If you want to bring the juice to your office, a picnic, or on the go, you should store the juice in an airtight container and chill in the fridge away from light and air. Once cold, you can transfer it in a thermos up to the brim to keep the cold in. It is crucial to note that you have to fill it to the brim to keep the air out which can make the juice oxidize faster. You can store the juice in the fridge for up to 72 hours without much change in its quality as long as you follow these instructions.
Back to Best Masticating Juicer Reviews