We all have experienced constipation at some point in our lives. It is nothing to be embarrassed about. Since there is a high possibility of experiencing constipation during the Master Cleanse Diet, it is highly suggested to do a salt water flush, preferably in the morning. SWF is programmed to assist you in cleansing your digestive system and colon by inducing a forced bowel movement.
The most important ingredient in the salt water flush is the salt as required in various biochemical processes.SWF was made famous these past few decades when it became a part of the Master Cleanse diet program. By introducing salt mixture into your system, your body will naturally induce a way of waste elimination and natural detoxification while under Master Cleanse. The detox can provide you will make your system back on track thus making you feel less sluggish and lighter than before.
- 1 Why do the Salt Water Flush?
- 2 Salt Water Flush is an Optional Choice while on Master Cleanse Diet
- 3 The Right Salt water flush recipe
Why do the Salt Water Flush?
The Master Cleanse is a kind of liquid only detoxification diet, which will last at a minimum of ten days. Since it is a liquid only diet, you might be coming short when it comes to fiber contents. Fibres are essential in digestion, bowel movements, and peristalsis, which is the process of waves of muscle convulsions in your digestive tract sending the food you ate all around your digestive system.
Since doing the lemonade diet cleanses and quickly remove large amounts stored toxins and from your body, you need a way where you can get rid of these waste all at the same time. That is where the salt water flush comes in. It is the perfect assistant in helping you get rid of the huge amount of toxins immediately, acting as a natural enema.
Salt water flush has been in existence for many generations. People have been using this cleansing diet to help with their colon cleansing, constipation, bloating, etc. Not everyone is for this type of cleansing diet. However, it has been proven efficient and safe by past hundreds of generations who tried this detoxification routine.
Salt Water Flush is an Optional Choice while on Master Cleanse Diet
One of the most often and commonly asked inquiries while doing the Master Cleanse is about the salt water flush. Not everyone likes the thought of drinking huge amount of salted water, so they are asking for guidelines on how to make it easier to ingest, available alternatives, and basically, ways on how to go around this part of the diet. Luckily for those who find it difficult to go through, the salt water flush is noncompulsory. But personally, we find it an essential part of the Master Cleanse detox diet together with the herbal laxative detox tea.
The laxative tea serves as a deeper and more thorough cleansing, digging into all corners of your colon while the salt water flush is similar to that of a car wash wherein water is blasting away on the surface only. Since it is challenging to do both the tea and the salt water flush, I highly suggest doing these two on alternating days.
The Right Salt water flush recipe
Following Salt Water Flush recilpe is relatively straightforward you only need two ingredients to make the concoction:
- 2 Teaspoons of Sea Salt (we recommend using gray sea salt or Himalayan pink salt. Avoid iodized and processed salt at all cost to prevent water retention!)
- 1 liter of Pure Water (filtered or spring water; room temperature or slightly heated)
Once the solution is prepared, you need to follow the next instructions carefully and to a T to have a successful flush. You do not want to leave any reasons why the salt water flush did not work on you. There are many available hacks on how to make the salt water flush easier. Here is the standard procedure we came up with after doing many productive flushes to date:
How to do Salt Water Flush like a Pro
- Do the Salt Water Flush first thing in the morning while your stomach is still empty, or you can wait for at least an hour after your last food intake of any kind which includes the lemonade juice.
- Pour one liter of pure water in a one-liter glass jar. You can also use plastic, but we use glass as a personal choice.
- Mix two teaspoons of sea salt into the water, stirring and shaking until it is completely dissolved.
- Make an effort to drink the mixture in five minutes or less. Try drinking it in big chugs to make it go down faster. After drinking the salt water, follow it with another one-half to one quart of water.
- It is suggested to lie down on your side for thirty minutes to help the water go through your system more quickly.
- Hold it in for at least a couple of minutes or for as long as you can! Try ignoring the first stomach rumble until you cannot hold it anymore. By doing this, you can get a nice build up before removing your bowels, and it can save you the time of going to the bathroom over and over. A fair warning, do not fart while waiting for your bowel movement because more often than not, it won’t just be the air you will expel. This holds true for the rest of the day. Expect your first movement to be massive and intense.
- Expect to have multiple bowel movements within one to two hours. This is the reason why we recommended doing the salt water flush in the morning beside you being in a naturally fasted condition. It is possible for you to have one to seven movements, the first one being the most intense. Succeeding movements are expected to be less and less as your colons are cleansed.
- You can take your first lemonade of the day after you release your first bowel. You want to give your stomach enough time to process the salt water flush before introducing lemonade into your system.
- You can begin your day once your movements are fifteen minutes apart. It should be ok for you to go to work or do some errands outside because at this time, you can already hold it in enough and you do not have to go to the bathroom as frequent as when you started.
Personally, we use one tablespoon of salt in the salt water flush as opposed to the two teaspoons indicated in the original book. It worked the same for us as we both did the two teaspoons and one tablespoon concoction. It’s up to you and your patience to the salty taste on what mix you will use.
Guidelines to a Successful Salt Water Flush
It is accepted knowledge that the salt water flush is the nastiest part of the Master Cleanse diet. If you are one of those guys who can’t stomach the taste of too much salt, here is a list of simple guidelines that can help you go through with the process:
- Brush your teeth before drinking the mixture. The minty taste of the toothpaste can distract you from the saltiness of the drink.
- Use pure warm water, so you can pretend that the concoction is just a salty broth. Some people are successful downing SWF with this in mind.
- You can also try having a spoon dipped in maple prepared before drinking SWF. You can lick the spoon a little while drinking so your palate can be diverted by the strong taste of maple syrup.
- Some people use a straw to sip the mixture.
- Squeeze a small amount of lemon in the mixture to alter the salty taste.
- You can start with two teaspoons of salt if you have a sensitive gag reflex.
- Chug it. Down SWF swiftly so the salty taste will pass through your mouth in a flash. You don’t need to prolong your suffering by drinking the mixture slowly, thus making it harder to swallow.
- Drink and Chase. Some people split the solution into two 500 ml containers. They put the two teaspoons of salt into one bottle. After drinking the one with the salt, they follow it with pure water to alleviate the taste. However, we cannot guarantee that doing this will have the same effect as by following the standard SWF recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding the Salt Water Flush Recipe
Here is the list of FAQs we tried to answer as best as we could about the Salt Water Flush Recipe:
- Is it ok to do the Salt Water Flush at Night? Can I eat before the salt water flush? And when is the right time to the salt water flush when I’m taking the laxative tea too?
It is ok to do the salt water flush any time, even at night, as long as you do it on an empty stomach. Make sure that you do not eat anything one to two hours before the SWF. Most people find it easiest to do SWF in the morning to get it out of the way before starting the day. Their stomachs are naturally empty, and they won’t be bothered by the frequent visit to the bathroom since they are still in the comfort of their homes.
- Why is the salt water flush not working? I’m not losing weight. I am bloated or constipated.
There are only quite a few reasons for SWF not to work:
- You used too little or too much salt
- You used the wrong kind of salt, and
- You did not take it on an empty stomach
Important Tip: For those who claim that SWF did not work on them, you just need to change the amount of salt to make the applicable mixture suited to your body needs. The salt water flush is guaranteed to work on everyone as long as you do it properly. Make sure that you don’t use iodized and processed salt. The type of salt you use in the concoction is essential to the whole cleansing process.
- Can you use any alternatives instead of Salt Water Flush? Is it crucial that you do SWF?
The best alternative we could suggest is just not to do it. It is optional anyway. Besides, there is nothing much you can do when it comes to options for SWF replacements because it only has two ingredients: salt and water. If you are one of those people who just can’t handle too much salt, we suggest you do the herbal laxative tea only while on Master Cleanse diet.
- Is SWF safe? Can the body handle that much salt especially if you fail to flush? Isn’t drinking salt water deadly?
The salt water flush is not harmful to your body. It might be a little too harsh for your palate, and gut flora called microbiome, but no worries. You will replace these microbiomes with a probiotic drink you need to consume after the master cleanse diet is completed.
You don’t need to be concerned if you fail to flush after drinking the concoction. It is only two teaspoons of salt in the first place. The average allowable salt intake is about two teaspoons per day. Most Americans are probably taking in more salt from their unhealthy fast food diet than the amount of salt in SWF.
People die from ingesting salt water when lost at sea. It is mainly because they drink an enormous amount of it until they die of dehydration. Never drink salt water if ever you get stranded at sea.
- Is it necessary to do both Sea Salt Flush and Herbal Laxative Tea?
No, since the salt water flush is optional although it is highly recommended. However, the senna laxative herbal detox tea is required.
- What Salt to use? Is it ok to use uniodized sea salt or table salt?
The salt you are going to use for the salt water flush is important. It is required you use sea salt or Himalayan pink salt because they are natural and did not go over any chemical whitening processes usually done in table salts.
- Is it hard to drink all that salt water? How do make it easier to ingest?
Best trick we can recommend is just to gulp it to get it over with. You can add lemon for taste, or you can even use warm water to make you think it’s broth. You can check a list of helpful suggestions on how to down the salt water in guidelines to a successful flush.
- After SWF, how long do I need to wait before drinking lemonade?
You should wait until you had your first bowel movement. You need the salt water to pass through your entire stomach and colon. Give your stomach enough time to recover from flushing to digesting. This is also one of the suggested tips that you should drink SWF fast. The longer it takes you to down the salt water, the longer you have to wait before you can fill your stomach with lemonade and have the energy you need to start the day.
- Is it safe to keep doing Salt water flush during the Ease out phase or even after the Master Cleanse Diet?
Yes, it is safe to keep doing SWF even after the Master Cleanse Diet. You just have to take note that you have to use SWF sparingly. You cannot keep doing it weekly because your stomach cannot recover the good bacteria being flushed while under SWF.
What to expect from the Salt Water Flush
Anticipate a lot of powerful bowel movements in the beginning. You are supposed to expel a lot of waste from your colons while undergoing the Master Cleanse Diet especially during the start of the ease-in phase. However, you will be surprised that even when you begin on the lemonade phase and is only in taking liquids for the solid bowel releases to continue when you do the salt water flush. You will discover how important SWF in the whole Master Cleanse routine once you’ve experience how much waste and toxins have accumulated inside your body for years.
Here is the list of Benefits you can achieve when doing the Salt Water Flush
- Minimize pain in inflamed muscles
- Provides relief on sore throats
- Balances electrolytes/mineral levels in your body
- Clears up digestive problems
- Creates an optimal pH level
- Balances your hormones
- Provides trace minerals
- Cleans wounds
- Cleanses the colons and forces out toxins
- Contracts muscles in the digestive tract
- Facilitates metabolic processes
Having problems with Salt Water Flush recipe?
An In-depth Analysis on Why the Salt Water Flush may not have worked for you before
The salt water flush is one of the most controversial and confusing parts of the Master Cleanse diet along with the fact that you will not consume anything other than the lemonade. The adverse reactions stem from words like laxative and salt, and many got worried if it is safe to perform.
Reasons Why the Salt Water Flush may not have worked
If you find yourself not flushing in one to two hours after taking SWF, you most likely did not follow some of the instructions when taking SWF.
- Your stomach is full when you did the SWF. If you consume the salt water immediately after eating, the food that you ate will absorb the water instead of flushing it out of your system.
- You used too much salt. Never use too much salt. Admittedly, it is easy to mistake the teaspoon measurement to tablespoon particularly as it is the measure used in your maple syrup and fresh lemon juice. Be careful to stick to two teaspoons of sea salt, and you won’t have any problem with flushing.
- You fail to use enough salt. The idea is that you need to use the exact amount of salt as instructed in the recipe. But the common problem is not with the use of less salt since most people start with two teaspoons. The problem usually arose from the water volume. Some people find it hard to chug a liter of water in one go so they usually just use a standard glass which is only about ¼ liter. Always remember to stick to the recipe.
- You chose the wrong kind of salt (either iodized or table salt). You should always use sea salt and not iodized sea salt when doing SWF. This cleansing routine will only work when you use natural sea salt that is unprocessed. They are usually gray-brown in color. You can also use Himalayan pink salt as it is natural and full of nutrients. Sticking to sea salt has its reasons. The mixture is flushed out of our system because it has the same salinity as our blood hence our body’s rejection. With the work of diffusion and osmosis, the salt water concoction will only pass through your system along with the stuck up toxins and gunk from our colons to prevent the salt from harming our body.
- You did not drink the whole one liter of salt water mixture. Yes, it is hard to drink this nasty solution. But if often done, you will soon get used to the taste making it easier for you to do the salt water flush. You won’t achieve the ultimate flush you need if you drink SWF slowly. You should chug it quickly for the cleansing to take effect.
- Salt water flush is just not for you. If you did everything to a T – followed the recipe point by point, increase the salt or stick the two teaspoons of salt but still, it just not work for you at all. Maybe it’s your body’s makeup or your body’s reaction to salt; it just can’t be explained why you are not flushing. Always keep in mind that the SWF optional and you should not worry too much about it. You can always move your bowels with the help of the herbal laxative tea.
Bac to Master Cleanse Detox
Himalayan Salt Water Flush Recipe
- Himalayan Salt Water Detox Recipe