Getting into shape does not require costly gym memberships, expensive diet plans or state of the art equipment. In fact, your own bodyweight is all you need to effectively exercise and achieve the shape you want.
The military has always utilized bodyweight training as part of their regime. Not only does bodyweight training work, but it is inexpensive and convenient. Athletes also make use of bodyweight training – it has become an essential component of the most effective workout plans, whether for fat burning or for building muscle.
To burn the most amount of fat in the shortest amount of time, the following moves are best
Marvelous in their simplicity, Jumping Jacks are extremely effective despite seeming quite basic. As well as being an awesome way to warm up, Jumping Jacks can definitely help you burn fat and get fit. They also assist the rest of your workout in being as effective as possible when used a warm up move.
When looking for an upper body workout, the classic push up will always win when compared to barbell and dumbbell workouts. Benefits include intense strength development and convenience. Some may argue that they are much safer for the shoulders than weight bearing exercises. The multitude of variations to try allow one to adjust the difficulty level – another point in favor of the push up!
Pushups must be done properly to ensure safety and effectiveness – here’s how:
- Keep your abs engaged to help ensure your head, neck, torso, and hips are in a straight line.
- Do not flare your elbows away from the body, but rather keep them close.
- Execute the movement in a controlled manner.
- To make it easier if you are a beginner, start with wall push ups, maintaining the correct form, and move to lower object such as chairs until you are eventually ready to do a regular push-up from the floor.
Revered as the king of exercise moves in term of calorie burn due to muscle use, squats are a great move to tone up your rear end and feel the burn. You may have been squatting since you learned to walk, but the negligence of proper form can lead to injury.
Here’s how to do them properly:
- Feet should be shoulder width apart/
- Plant your heels and push your hips back to lower your body while bending your knees until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Hold the move there for a few seconds before quickly standing back up again.
Burpees are an amazing and difficult addition to any regime – they burn an insane amount of calories while building strength and are a full body workout.
- Firstly, squat as mentioned above.
- At the bottom of the squat, reach your hands out and onto the floor in front of you.
- Quickly move into a push up position.
- Get your feet to return the squat position super quickly.
- Immediately jump up into the air as high as you can.
- Squat back down and repeat!
The high intensity of burpees mean that they are a metabolism boosting exercise – you will be burning calories for quite awhile after you complete your workout!
Here we have a childhood game turned fun fat burning move! Jumping rope is the only exercise mentioned that requires something other than your body, but the versatile move is worth the minimal expense of a jump rope.
Like the Jumping Jacks, jumping rope can be a good warm up. However, one can get creative and increase the intensity of this move by altering pace and trying different manners of jumping. For example, try jumping side to side or crossing the rope over in order to practice agility.
To make sure you feel the burn in your calves, jump on the balls of your feet and do not let your heels touch the ground.
Keeping the intensity high is a great method of burning through calories easily and melting fat fast!
These workout moves are perfect to use when you are traveling or have a limited budget – make the most of your own bodyweight and get into shape on the cheap!